The power of focus is one of the greatest powers we have and when we are aware, it can be directed towards that what is greatest for us.
Our attention is always directed somewhere, however we either choose to direct it where we want to, or it is directed for us. Wherever our attention is directed it is far greater if this is as much a concious choice as possible.
There are many possibilities in life and many perceptions and once we are aware of the power of focus we can have it work for us rather than against us. As what we focus towards is what we will see and experience.
From experiencing the ups and downs of directed and misdirected focus I’ve put together 5 top tips in applying the power of focus in your life. I hope you find them helpful and allow it to work some magic for you.
- Focus on what you want – too often we can be led astray either by others, outside forces or our own undisciplined mind and begin to focus on things we do not want. Train your mind to focus on what you want and then you will experience more of this.
- Discipline – We have to train our minds to get them to work for us. We can do this through various ways such as meditation, visualisation, affirmations and more. By doing this we are choosing to direct our mind rather than be easily influenced by outside forces.
- Feeling – Our feelings are a great indicator of our dominant focus points. Observe how you feel and redirect your mind where needed and necessary.
- Association – Those who we associate with have a powerful influence on our focus. Energy transfers, so choose your company wisely, be around those that you can be positively influenced by and where you can also have a positive influence.
- Diet and exercise – what we put in to our bodies is as important as our minds. The exercise we do will also affect our focus as the body affects the mind and vice versa. Be mindful of both the food you take in and the exercise you do as this will either positively or negatively affect you, the states generated and subsequently the outcomes.
I hope you find the above tips useful especially as we are now approaching the end of lockdown and we can use this as a time to reset and refocus. Make sure it is you who is in charge of it 🙂
Focus on where you want to go
Focus on being the person you want to be
Not on the old or what you’re told to see ♡